Monday 10 February 2014

NOT SO FAIR AND IMPARTIAL BBC

As they miss out a candidate from the Wythenshawe & Sale East by election. Now whether or not that candidate stands a chance or not it is not for the BBC to decide who has what air time. They are meant to give equal or at least balanced coverage to all. If you see the report it gives the feeling their is only 6 candidates not 7, why not at least say we have tried to contact one candidate but have had no response and they will also be standing?

Below is a twitter conversation between all concerned parties.

Chris Mason ‏@chrismasonbbc
Wythenshawe and Sale East by election: My interviews with the main candidates: bbc.in/1gThTfa
6:59 AM - 7 Feb 2014

Chinners ‏@chinners2 Feb 7
@chrismasonbbc - I thought the BBC were supposed to be fair & impartial? Where is the MAIN candidate, Captain @chaplingtons Smythe? #BBCbias

Chris Mason ‏@chrismasonbbc Feb 7
@chinners2 @chaplingtons We invited you on -- but you didn't return our calls. We would have had you on.

Chinners ‏@chinners2 Feb 7
@chrismasonbbc - So of 7 candidates, you leave out the one that won't come last!! Very disappointed with you @bbcnews #bias @chaplingtons

Chinners ‏@chinners2 Feb 7
@chrismasonbbc Really? If that is the case then I will apologise ... I'm going to double check before I do thou!! @chaplingtons

Chaplington-Smythe ‏@chaplingtons Feb 7
@chinners2 @chrismasonbbc I've had no missed calls from the beeb?

Chinners ‏@chinners2 Feb 7
@chaplingtons - its a standard excuse, this is serious stuff apparently. @chrismasonbbc

Chris Mason ‏@chrismasonbbc Feb 7
@chaplingtons @chinners2 my colleagues tried to get hold of you

Chinners ‏@chinners2 Feb 7
@chrismasonbbc - I'd love to know who they were trying to call because the 6 people organising have no missed calls #Lonoy @chaplingtons

Chaplington-Smythe ‏@chaplingtons Feb 7
@chrismasonbbc @chinners2 Everybody is being heard apart from the Captain!! I thought the bbc were impartial and fair to all!? :(

Chaplington-Smythe ‏@chaplingtons Feb 7
@chrismasonbbc @chinners2 how!? By carrier pigeon?

Chaplington-Smythe ‏@chaplingtons Feb 7
@chrismasonbbc @chinners2 I've had no missed calls Chris! Loony HQ have my number no one has rang me mate!!

Chris Mason ‏@chrismasonbbc Feb 7
@chaplingtons @chinners2 well if that's the case I apologise. I'll see you at the count.

Chaplington-Smythe ‏@chaplingtons Feb 7
@chrismasonbbc @chaplingtons @chinners2 ok Chris apology accepted! See you at the count! Mine's a pint of carling darling xx

Chris Mason ‏@chrismasonbbc Feb 7
@chaplingtons @chinners2 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment is open to all feel free to link to this blog.