- LATEST OPINION POLLS
- MICRO PARTIES WHO WILL BE FIGHTING THE 2015 GENERAL ELECTION
- Opinion polls up to March 2014
- 2010 General Election results
- PARLIAMENTARY BY ELECTIONS
- MAY 2014 COUNCIL ELECTIONS PAGE
- PARLIAMENTARY CANDIDATE SELECTIONS FOR 2015 UK GENERAL ELECTION
- PARTY POLITICAL BROADCASTS
- PAST GENERAL & LOCAL ELECTIONS TELEVISUAL COVERAGE
- 2014 EUROPEAN ELECTION RESULTS
- POLITICAL POP CHART
- 2015 UK General Election Forecasts, Predictions & Projections
Monday, 26 August 2013
Cobs, Baps, Barms, Buns or Rolls?
I found this on my travels and although it has absolutely nothing to do with elections it does have a lot to do with a subject dear to my heart. The humble Cob, I do try wherever I land up to grow the use of the word cob. It is a hard and absolutely thankless task, but one I will always endeavour to do.
When requesting a chip cob it normally takes two to serve me as this is how the conversation goes.
I enter the chip shop and say "Chip cob please"
To be then asked "a chip what? cod and chips you mean?"
I reply "No! a chip COB!"
The person serving then goes "What?"
Then someone who is also behind the counter will act as interpreter and says "He means bread bun"
Which then normally gets greeted by "Well, why didn't he say that then?"
So in the season of Bank Holiday irrelevance.
What is it from where you come from?
at 8:03 pm