SKY NEWS IS NOW REPORTING IT AS A TERRORIST ATTACK
First Picture of Woolwich Terrorist guyfawk.es/184Dzzo
— Guido Fawkes (@GuidoFawkes) May 22, 2013
BELOW IS FROM BBC NEWS
A man has died and two are injured after police responded to a reported machete attack in south-east London.Eyewitnesses said a man was attacked in the street by two individuals who were later shot by officers.
Local MP Nick Raynsford said the dead man was a soldier serving at Woolwich barracks but the Ministry of Defence could not confirm this.
A meeting of the government's emergency response committee Cobra has been called by the home secretary.
Mr Raynsford said police have removed a "substantial number of weapons" from the scene, including knives and at least one firearm.
London Ambulance Service confirmed one man had been found dead at the scene.
It said two men had been taken to hospital, one in a serious condition.
One of the men was airlifted from the scene, and another was taken away by road ambulance
A spokesperson said an air ambulance and four crews had attended the scene.
Continue reading the main story
James EyewitnessThey dragged him from the pavement and dumped his body in the middle of the road”
Witnesses reported by the Press Association said two people had been shot after armed police were called to an incident in which a man was attacked with a machete-style knife.