I understand that the final selection will be done by a NEC in LONDON as they don't like to travel north.
- Iain Malcolm As the story says here
- his brother Cllr Ed. He's
allegedly not a particular shining star. Ahead of a past selection,
there were rumours he was undertaking public speaking training. He got 0
vote in Middlesbrough selection.
- Tina Roche. She has confirmed
she will apply. Previously shortlisted for Redcar, she is assistant
branch secretary of Unison South Tyneside.
- Sherie Murphy. Previously shortlisted in Redcar too, she represents Boldon Colliery ward on South Tyneside Council.
- Emma Lewell-Buck. Recently shortlisted for Carlisle, she's another South Tyneside Cllr (her ward is in Jarrow constituency.
Can the runner up in Middlesbrough selection (Progress backed and
pushed by David Miliband at the time) be interested in South Shields?
He's from Teesside rather than Tyneside.
- Lewis Atkinson. He run for
the NEC in 2012 outside of the official slates (IIRC he got a decent
vote). In the past he stood for local elections in both Sunderland and
South Tyneside. He's from Gateshead CLP.
And obviously a couple of SpAds, a Cllr Hussain and some Islington Cllrs.